Welcome!

I'm developing Town of Galucca from wasteland to a thriving city. On this blog you can join the journey through 200 years. I'll post weekly on the progress, but you will mostly learn about the progress through the stories of local residents. I think there might be 5 generations to go, let's find out! :)

This is a spin-off blog from my Greench Farm legacy.

All my stories (and more) are now gathered from my new blog, Simmerville's Sims.

28. juni 2014

Misc from all over town

[Year count 121] Here's one extra picture of the bride, just because I liked her movemonents and the angle...


More about the noble family in the next update, and yes - the Baroness is already pregnant :yahoo:


This update is a mixed thing. Just showing off some pics, and thoughts on what to do. One night I was hanging just west of the Old Town area, I noticed by accident how well positioned the Historical Museum is! Check out the volcano in the background, it almost looks like the building was supposed to reflect it! I'll take you to the museum later, or wait, maybe it would be better if the Seagull Cottage couple go there with you in the other thread - soon.



Don't think you ever got a good shot of the volcano, seeing how big it actually is. A windmill in the upper Farmland can be seen, and below is the industrial area of the lower Farmland. It's quite easy to see why Lady Dora who was forced to marry a farmer (Salamand) who settled in the upper Farmland, disliked the outdoors so much - I would have too, if I had to settle right under a volcano that big... Btw, Lady Dora is about to become a granny these days!

The right side picture (above) was taken very long ago, I always liked it, but never got a chance to share it :)

Do you remember the Photographer, Fredric Brottington, who wandered Old Town in the middle of the night?


Well, he has been busy photographing the polluted area, both for documenting the damages, but also to point out how bad the industry is to the people of Galucca. He is no activist, it's just his way to point this out. I actually followed him around, and planned to use him as a guide for one of the updates, but I think it's better to move on. Many of his photos were already bought by the Historical Museum. Quite impressive, as the man is not even very old yet.

I've been building, but not much. Down at the harbour there is a rather trashy area where the harbour meets the no-man's land between Old Town and the beaches. This area holds a few bigger factories, a dock sort of thing, the Military camp, and the latest addition - a messy place not really being anything special, but trashy - :)


Facing the big paper/cellulose factory, Seylouse Industries, Inc., seeing they already got car wrecks (oh, how I wish to recolour this thing!), and you see there is a subway grate, because Galucca is getting a modern subway system! On the right side picture you see how I integrated this station rabbit hole into a small building matching this area, sort of.


There's still lots of empty lots along the harbour (and yes, it seems I normally build at night). I won't need to build on them all, it gotta be kinda open here and there anyway. But right now I'm pondering on what to put there. I know I listed a few ideas earlier in the thread, but don't care to look that up. Some boat terminal is obvious, and a promenade thing and at least one outdoor fish restaurant, too. Hm... this might be a busy weekend :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar