Welcome!

I'm developing Town of Galucca from wasteland to a thriving city. On this blog you can join the journey through 200 years. I'll post weekly on the progress, but you will mostly learn about the progress through the stories of local residents. I think there might be 5 generations to go, let's find out! :)

This is a spin-off blog from my Greench Farm legacy.

All my stories (and more) are now gathered from my new blog, Simmerville's Sims.

26. juni 2014

Wedding

[Year count 116] Baron Junato Pettonta is next in line to become the Count of Galucca. Recently he got engaged to Constance Rivers, they got a good chemistry going, and although the marriage was kinda planned by their parents, it all feels like real love. Today, it's their wedding, yaaay!



The whole town had been decorated somehow, outside Church of Similius a blue (the Pettonta colour) carpet welcomed the guests - and of course the happy young couple. Nikodemus Dipperwell has just left the Monastery, to replace his old father as the new Priest, which did upset Countess Maria a bit, because she would have preferred the experienced priest to marry her son, Junato.

The church was filled with guests, all waiting for the bride. Constance was met by a cheering crowd in front of the church.


We do recognize Suzi Baruba, owner of the bar Suzi's Heaven. Is it really that exciting, Suzi, or do you try to convince the wedding people to come to your bar afterwards, instead of the planned party at Pettonta Castle?

We also recognize the castle cook, Patricia S. Litter, and her son Christopher. Countess Maria made it clear that she did not want to see servants inside the church!


Inside, the church is not really decorated more than normally, except a few more flowers. The relatives of Baron Junato and Constance waited, and there she appeared! Baron Junato felt extremely happy, and Priest Nikodemus still repeated his lines quietly, hoping his green bars would make sure he remembered it all, now that it counted!



A few familiar faces inside the church. Count Gustavian and Countess Maria standing up there, both elderly now. Junato's two sisters Lady Ronda P. Turmington (long blue dress), and the evil Lady Helena, still a teen. Constance's family is on the opposite side, her father is dead, but old mother and older brother are up there (seen on a previous picture).

I don't arrange many mariages like this, so I don't have a single wedding dress in my game. I found this was probably the last time I can use this middle age dress, and I think she looks kinda okay. Historically, I think white wedding dresses has been used only for the last century or so, 100 years ago the bride often wore a black dress, at least in my corner of the world :) So, let's just say those white dresses have not yet hit Galucca...


The ceremony went well, Nikodemus remembered every single word and Countess Maria found little to complain about.


Ending this little update with an overview of the church room. I forgot to fill it completely, but I think this might be a good place even for future wedding ceremonies :)

Hooray, hooray, hooray! To Baron Junato and Baroness Constance!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Is Constance Rivers the daughter of Roman Rivers ? (Trying to catch up there ... ^^)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hi again! Yes, Constance, who married Baron Junato, is the daughter of Elmira A. and Roman Rivers. The Rivers family is quite wealthy, running their family business (I think it was industrial engines, been a while since I wrote this). Thanks for asking!

      Slett