Welcome!

I'm developing Town of Galucca from wasteland to a thriving city. On this blog you can join the journey through 200 years. I'll post weekly on the progress, but you will mostly learn about the progress through the stories of local residents. I think there might be 5 generations to go, let's find out! :)

This is a spin-off blog from my Greench Farm legacy.

All my stories (and more) are now gathered from my new blog, Simmerville's Sims.

15. februar 2014

First impressions - ha-ha!

Just starting off this blog with posting a few early pics from the Create A World (CAW) process. Mind that this progress took place more than a year ago!

I love the CAW tool, it's powerful, yet quite easy to use once you get the grip. I've created several worlds in the past, periodically it's actually more appealing than playing the game itself. And all projects do have a rather boring beginning, though - not much to get excited about here:



In progress, never suited a project better... haha.

Only problem is that I keep thinking too big, so I went for the largest possible world size. I've started to paint groundtextures, and most streets and central lots are placed. A few more roads in the farm land, and many more residential lots will be plopped down shortly.

Did I mention Old Town...? Sure, I think big, so there had to be an Old Town region near the harbour, and a newer bit City-like region a little back from the coast. I simply couldn't deal with just one commercial area in this world... Sounds like this suddenly turned into a two-cities-world project, instead of just a referring point for my Greench Farm legacy!



I then spent hours on re-sculpting the world, and it hardly shows. It will be better when I paint more of the ground, not to say when trees and shrubs are thrown around with the wind. Also had to download and test lots of textures, as I lost my old library (didn't use the CAW tool since lots of patches and reinstalls).
Ehem, note the seagulls, they will be VERY essential for a certain Bed & Breakfast in this world - I love detailed plans! :-) At this stage I already wrote down the headlines of 200 years (future) history of Galucca.

***

I've planted trees etc all over the world - if not completed the job, at least there is enough vegetation to start the project. All seems to work well so far.

Just realized there is no road leading out of the world, even if a town can be seen in the distance ;)  Can I just imagine that they get there "somehow", or do I really need to build a road? I know I might regret not adding the street later, but then I'm very good at imagine stuff :-)

Updated look of the world. Turned fog off for the pictures, so the water has no reflection, giving a weird impression, but the land and details are easier to see.



The history of the Gal River district is what fascinates me the most, typically as far away from the Bed & Breakfast as possible. This area was the first to be developed, in addition of the first little harbour 200 years ago. Craftsmen and their families settled along the river to produce their stuff. Further up at the ponds there was heavy mining activity (which formed the ponds, mostly). Unfortunately the area was heavily polluted over time, and current residents with a solid bank account would choose to reside elsewhere. Fragments of this story will be told through the future population - hang on!


And this shows that my building activities will not be completed anytime soon. I will also populate the world manually by creating each and every individual (always do that), so there's a long way to walk!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar