Welcome!

I'm developing Town of Galucca from wasteland to a thriving city. On this blog you can join the journey through 200 years. I'll post weekly on the progress, but you will mostly learn about the progress through the stories of local residents. I think there might be 5 generations to go, let's find out! :)

This is a spin-off blog from my Greench Farm legacy.

All my stories (and more) are now gathered from my new blog, Simmerville's Sims.

22. februar 2014

Early progress

At this stage I really can't wait to start a game in the completed world, but well... I could have said it's not that important to have all those details perfect, so how come I find there's more and more to be taken care of? Drives me nuts, really!


Like, I've known from the start exactly where to place the Bed & Breakfast, but where to place the school? And the hospital? And the Police station? I know where the Town Hall will go, that's pretty much all :-)

It hardly shows on the map, but I'm practically done adding street lights, signs, traffic signals, fire hydrants, trash cans and you name it. I'm currently making sketches to plan where to put the school, and more :-) The upper region is the city, the lower region is old town with the harbour.

I've not got a chance to build anything yet, but I'll show you the town areas from ground view.


This is the harbour, between the Old Town and - well, the ocean :-) Thanks to the test-sim standing there feeling silly, the area looks much bigger than intended :-o  Perspective is really quite the challenge in CAW.

There are 9 (I think) lots lined up along the harbour, plenty of possibilities. I plan a couple storage builds at the ends, an overseas travel terminal, a tattoo, and a few outdoor servings. A sort of promenading path would be nice, but I don't think I would make sims walk there anyway.


To the left is old town, and the town hall will go about mid picture. I might change the street texture here, even if it can be rather modern (older paths/arches between builds on lot will preserve enough history), I think it would be better with ie just asphalt without the lines though. Not very important, and I don't know how many street sets I can use before game performance is affected (I probably reached that limit already).

On the second picture is a view from the city district, facing south to harbour. Will place a few tall apartment builds in this area, along with rabbit holes and more. The testsim is standing on a tiny area, and I can't decide whether I should place a community lot there or not. All you can see now was put there in CAW, it kinda works, but as soon as the world is completed, I won't be able to adjust any of this. :thinking:

The world still needs many builds to come to life, but I think I will also need to place more shrubs and trees. I kept it down because it's a large world and you know - loading times etc, but I think just a little more is needed. But all spawners and lamps and other town features are done. No street/lot tears that I'm aware of. Routing mostly tested, too. Need to add addresses to lots. And those few plants. Then the building will start shortly :-)


Galucca comes with its history, and the polluted industrial area is not exactly what they brag about. But it never was stated whether someone was responsible, or if it actually could not have been avoided, like most locals seem to believe. Tragedy hit 90 years ago, and there's still some cleaning up to be done, it seems.

First picture shows the old bridge that originally connected the Gal district to the town. It fell down at the same time as the pollution was a fact. A new bridge was built farther down. The second picture shows a testsim inspecting the more or less abandoned industrial area.

Btw, I placed the fog emitter here, to give the area a misty feel, but the CAW fog thing is actually not working as I expected - when standing outside the fog emitter radius, no fog can be seen, but when standing in the area, it loks like the rest of the world is foggy... which it is not supposed to be... hm, what to do about that...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar