Welcome!

I'm developing Town of Galucca from wasteland to a thriving city. On this blog you can join the journey through 200 years. I'll post weekly on the progress, but you will mostly learn about the progress through the stories of local residents. I think there might be 5 generations to go, let's find out! :)

This is a spin-off blog from my Greench Farm legacy.

All my stories (and more) are now gathered from my new blog, Simmerville's Sims.

6. april 2014

Gal District, Old Mill Nectary

[Year count 100] Before checking out Crafters Hood, there's one community lot which actually belongs to Maurice Creek that I forgot to mention, bad me... the Old Mill Nectary.

A strange name for a nectary?


Old Mill Nectary is located on the border between the two hoods Maurice Creek & Crafters Hood. The old mill, that was built shortly after Galucca was founded 100 earlier. is no longer in use, so when Maurice Pettonta realized that the families who settled farther south in Gal District started to grow grapes, he quickly had a Nectary built.

I'm not very satisfied with the exterior, but I need to think that most builds will probably get modernized over the next 100 years, so I decided to let it rest the way it is. The tallest tower is actually remains from the old Mill, a corn storage silo. I think the build would look better without the old silo, but at the same time I want some history to be preserved. The two big windows in front would typically not be installed at this time, but rather be part of a future modernizing.

On ground floor nectar is sold, the bottles are hard to see on the picture, but they are stored behind those two arches to the left. And it's obvious that Toya Quist, who was offered the job, has not got to it yet...


On 1st floor there are two nectar makers. It would be more natural to place them in the basement, and they will in the future, as this floor will be turned into a shop and gallery, focusing on nectar making, of course.

On 2nd floor visitors can taste nectar, and even enjoy the great view from the little terrace. The view down Gal River IS great, just ignore the ugly green bridge that is not really built quit yet :D. I know I could have saved a copy of the world, to delete the bridge for this picture, but I didn't bother :) .

Now, done with the Old Mill Nectary, I'll jump into the couple households of Crafters Hood... more in about 3 days :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar